Your ecommerce website needs to be mobile friendly for a number of very important reasons:
1. The rapid growth in consumers using their mobile phone and tablet devices to access websites now means that all business require a mobile version of their website.
2. Consumers are using their phones just prior to purchasing to check out competitor prices, deals and information. If your website is not mobile friendly then you are missing out on new sales and inquiries.
3. Around 20 to 30% of all website visits are from mobile phone and tablet devices.
3. In April 21 2015 Google changed their search criteria for websites based on its use of mobile-friendliness as a ranking signal. The change affected mobile searches in all languages worldwide and had a significant impact in Google Search results. The aim was for users to find it easier to get relevant, high quality search results optimized for their devices. If your website is not mobile-friendly then your keyword rankings on Google will have dropped since April 2015.
4. Your current website might be difficult to view and use on a mobile device. The version that’s not mobile-friendly requires the user to scroll or zoom in order to read the content. Users find this a frustrating experience and are likely to abandon the site. Alternatively, the mobile-friendly version is readable and immediately usable.
5. You will be missing out on traffic, repeat visits and online sales.
6. It looks unprofessional as consumers now expect a mobile-friendly website and a good user experience.
Many older websites are not mobile friendly and require changes to have a design that is tailored to mobile devices.
We recommend that you upgrade your website today so that it is mobile-friendly.